Exploring plan details
AARP® Short-Term Care Insurance from Medico® provides flexible care options and the ability to customize your plan.
Know Your Options
Whether you need care for one week or one year, AARP Short-Term Care Insurance from Medico provides many choices to help you customize your care plan.
Five types of care to cover your needs
AARP Short-Term Care Insurance from Medico covers five types of care to meet your specific needs. And, if you discover you need more or less care, you have the freedom to change facilities while keeping the same benefits.
Assisted living facility
Hospice care facility
Customize your plan
Get the most out of your plan by tailoring it to your needs.
Inflation Protection rider
Household Assistance benefit
Care Coordination benefit
Restoration of benefits
Selecting your benefits
Are you wondering what benefit levels are right for you? Use the Benefit Selection Tool to help you make informed decisions.Use Benefit Selection Tool
Plans available from
--- / month
Rate quotes are for illustrative purposes only and are not guaranteed. This quote is not an offer or contract. Medico reserves the right to adjust quoted rates based on information provided by the application, the underwriting process, applicant interviews, or to correct any errors on the quotation. Any coverage is effective only after approved by Medico, and only after premium has been received. All plan provisions apply. If an applicant’s age increases after the quote is submitted and the coverage is not yet approved by Medico, the premium will be adjusted to reflect the new age in the rates.
Explore Plan Details
5 Types of Care to Cover Your Needs
AARP Short-Term Care Insurance from Medico not only provides benefits toward days of care in five locations, you also receive help coordinating your care among them.Learn More
Understanding Your Care Planning Options
When it comes to your healthcare, you want to make wise, informed choices, so you’ll want to take a few minutes to learn how different types of coverage compare.Learn More
Benefits and Riders Increase Value of Short-Term Care Insurance
It’s important to maximize your finances in retirement while also planning for future care needs. That’s why AARP Short-Term Care Insurance from Medico was designed with value in mind.Learn More
Request more information
Get information about AARP Short-Term Care Insurance from Medico sent to you via mail or email.Request a Product Guide
Make AARP Short-Term Care Insurance from Medico a part of your future care plan.
Exclusions and limitations (may vary by state)
No benefits will be paid for any expense not identified and included as a covered loss under the policy. You will be fully responsible for payment of any expense that is not a covered loss. We will not pay benefits for:
- Any loss that occurs while this policy is not in force.
- Services or supplies not covered under this policy or not included in your plan of care.
- Treatment of complications of a non-covered loss.
- Any treatment for loss that:
- Is not medically necessary.
- Is not prescribed by a physician as necessary to treat a sickness or injury.
- Is determined to be experimental or investigational.
- Is received without charge or legal obligation to pay.
- Would not routinely be paid in the absence of insurance.
- Is received from any family member.
- Any suicide attempt, while sane or insane, or any intentionally self-inflicted injury.
- Alcoholism, drug addiction, or their complications, unless addiction resulted from narcotics prescribed by a physician.
- Injuries received or caused directly or indirectly while under the influence of a controlled substance, unless prescribed by a physician, or by intoxication as defined by the laws and jurisdiction of the geographic area in which the loss or cause of loss was incurred.
- Loss to which a contributing cause was your commission of or attempt to commit a felony or being engaged in an illegal occupation.
- Loss that occurs outside the territorial limits of the United States.
- Any loss resulting from war, declared or undeclared, or actively serving in the armed forces or their auxiliary units, including any country’s National Guard or Army Reserve or their equivalent.
- Any loss resulting from any device for aerial navigation, except as a fare-paying passenger.
STCI-009 Rev. 05/20